|Faculty of Hotel Management and Tourism|
The Faculty of Hotel and Tourism was introduced in 1967 at the main campus in Shah Alam
Programs offered include certificate, diploma and Bachelor degree, specializing in hospitality and tourism. Apart from that, branch campuses such as Dungun Campus, Penang Campus, Malacca Campus, Sarawak Campus and Kota Kinabalu Campus also run these programs.
Tourism is one of the niche programs in the UiTM Sabah Kota Kinabalu Campus. In July 1996, four tourism programs were introduced at certificate level. Among these were:
· Certificate in Travel Operations
· Certificate in Hotel & Restaurant Service – Housekeeping
· Certificate in Hotel & Restaurant Service – Waiting
· Certificate in Hotel & Restaurant Service – Front-office Reception
And in December 2000, the Diploma in Hotel Management program was introduced
From 1996 to 2004, the Kota Kinabalu campus successfully produced expertise in the field of tourism
Which totalled 315 graduans at the certificate level and a total of 55 graduans at diploma level.
To be a centre of development and catalyst in the field of tourism that is dynamic and competitive nationally and globally.
To produce Bumiputra graduates that are competent, committed, productive, caring and entrepreneurial in the tourism field.
· To ensure 90% students graduates within the stipulated duration.
· To ensure 20% students graduates with CGPA of 3.0 and above.
· To ensure at least 90% passes every semester.
· To expose students to the working environment .
We pledge to:
· Organize one course on learning skills at the beginning of a semester.
· Organize motivation talks/leadership courses once every semester.
· Ensure every lecturer prepares their teaching portfolios for every course code before lectures begin.
· Organize clinics for tourism courses at least twice a year.
· Arrange practical training for students in the fifth semester.
|Last Updated on Tuesday, 28 July 2009 01:32|